Saturday, April 16, 2011

What's Goin On.

Since the last post, there has been a lot go on in the lives of the Brantley's. We have loved being married. It has certainly had it's share of deep deep joy but it has certainly had its time of brokenness and hurt. You see, Lindsey and I have sin and broken places within us. Inevitably, we were not spared from the fall from grace. Our marriage is often a great reminder of this fall as we continually realize that the other is not perfect. We don't behave in the exact way that the other would want and we just downright get underneath each other's skin sometimes. [Shamelessly admitting that my marriage is not perfect...WHAT?!?! who does that?]


Fortunately
for us, this is not where the story ends. Although we suffer the hurt and pain from the effects of the First Adam's decisions, there is great redemption and joy in the second Adam. The second Adam, Jesus, came and redeemed the fall. In marriage counseling, we were told over and over again that we would have no greater arena to minister than in our marriage. This has proved itself oh so very true. Marriage makes me see how selfish and stupid and inconsiderate I am sometimes, but it allows me to seek redemption and grace greater than any arena in my life. I love Lindsey so very much. The moments of compassion and gentleness that she shows me in my stubborn, sinful ways are such great evidence and an example to me of how my wretched life has been redeemed and that although I carry a weight of sin and flesh from the first Adam, I champion a story and life much greater in Jesus. I need grace. I need to daily be redeemed from my junk. I am not good enough on my own. [Are there any other ways for me to put this...]


As for an update on our lives, we are loving living in Buckhead in the midst of everything. We never have a shortage of cool places to visit or great places to eat. It's a great place for a newly married couple to live. Lindsey is teaching special ed in Henry County and very much enjoying what she does. It amazes me how she daily ministers to some of these students and their families. Her patience and compassion for them is so great. She is vigilant and loves to see students work through the difficulties of their circumstances. I am so proud that she is my wife.


I am still working at Novelis. (http://www.novelis.com/ if you want to know more). I love my job and I love the people I work with. They truly are some of the kindest and most genuine people that I have ever known in the professional work environment. Mid to late last year Lindsey and I really went through a hard time over a potential ministry opportunity that came our way. Our lives were almost certainly heading toward this opportunity but it quickly became clear that the Lord had other plans. Some things about this hurt and took some time for the Lord to heal in me. What I have learned is this:

  1. God is Sovereign (I always know this eternal fact, but I love that God chooses to teach it to me and remind me of it so often.)

  2. His plans are perfect.

  3. Ministry takes place in everyday life and God has made me a light.

  4. God still has a plan for me. It may not be what I thought it once was. But it is perfect.

  5. Jesus is all I need. Past the hurt, past the seemingly broken dreams, (I know it sounds cheesy) my life is found in Him.

There's so much more. There's so much more to tell. Our lives are an adventure and I'm so very glad to walk this journey. There truly is nobody else I'd rather have smell my rank breath early in the morning than Lindsey. She's a saint. I don't deserve her.


Thank you for listening. Pray for us. Pray that we love Jesus more than anything and seek to live a life that changes lives.


Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment