Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You Alone Can Resuce

I'm sitting here at my desk on my lunch break overwhelmed with this simple fact: Jesus alone can save. Listening to Matt Redman's amazing song, "You Alone Can Rescue".

My pride sometimes ignores it.

The world I live in tries to disprove it.

My flesh tries to evade it.

My mind tries to convince me otherwise.

My heart, in all truth, knows that it is it's only plea for hope and redemption.

As I stated in my last post, this past year has had it's share of trials for my heart in particular to God's faithfulness and his plans for me. Daily God is redeeming the fact that he has a perfect plan. I have always known this to be true, but it seems like this is getting hammered into my being.

It's surely interesting though-this whole process. It seems that God has had to take me through a valley of self reliance to allow me to come to the realization that pride [hoping in myself] inevitably leads to a destruction, (Proverbs 16:18) and that true salvation comes through a humble spirit (James 4:6) fully reliant on the work of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary.

You see, the truth I must cling to is the truth that I am completely lost without Christ's life, death, & resurrection. God's faithfulness in this blows me away. Here we are in Holy week (I didn't intend to write about holy week) and God continues to point me to the cross.

We observe Good Friday in a couple days and I hope that my heart is fixed on the fact that Christ took on all of my imperfections and sin and pride and inconsistencies of my life and bore the punishment.

I'm learning that it's not about me. It's not about what I can or can't do. It's not about the fact that I'm not good enough. It's about the fact that he has saved. He is the only one that can allow us to live a Holy life, to die to ourselves, and to lift us out of the grave of our sin and pull us into life.

I hope you enjoy these lyrics and download the song and let it speak a true message of the grace of the gospel to your heart. Friend, I pray that you will be changed by GRACE in the same way I am being changed every day. I promise your efforts will never be good enough and when your life is over, all the counts is the work of Jesus in our lives.

Matt Redman
You Alone can Rescue
Who, oh Lord, could save themselves,
Their own soul could heal?
Our shame was deeper than the sea
Your grace is deeper still

Who, oh Lord, could save themselves,
Their own soul could heal?
Our shame was deeper than the sea
Your grace is deeper still

You alone can rescue, You alone can save
You alone can lift us from the grave
You came down to find us, led us out of death
To You alone belongs the highest praise

You, oh Lord, have made a way
The great divide You heal
For when our hearts were far away
Your love went further still
Yes, your love goes further still

You alone can rescue, You alone can save
You alone can lift us from the grave
You came down to find us, led us out of death
To You alone belongs the highest praise

Blessings,

AJ

1 comment:

  1. i've never heard that song until reading it here. you make a good point, "My pride sometimes ignores it. The world I live in tries to disprove it. My flesh tries to evade it. My mind tries to convince me otherwise." I'm encouraged by this.

    Praying for you guys everyday!

    ReplyDelete